I’m sure you’ve heard of Cash App before, and if you’ve never used it, it’s obvious that you’ll have a lot of questions about it.
What is it? How does Cash App work? Is my money safe with it? What are the transaction fees?
But perhaps the most important question a new user would ask is:
Is it legit?
Yes! Cash App is legit. It’s also one of the best ways to transfer and receive money in 2021.
In this post, I will help you set up your Cash App account, discuss how it works, what benefits it offers, what its limitations are, and much more.
The Basics: What is Cash App? How Does Cash App Work?
Cash App is a product of Square, which is a company that specializes in mobile payment applications.
Cash App works in the same way that apps like PayPal and Venmo work. You install the application on your smartphone – be it Android or iOS – and you can then send and receive money from your connections.
It’s not the first P2P (peer-to-peer) payments app that was made; however, it offers many benefits, which makes the app so popular.
I’ll talk more about the benefits later. First, let me take you through how you can sign up.
How to Make A Cash App Account?
Making a Cash App account is very uncomplicated. However, you must keep in mind that you can only use Cash App if you’re a citizen of the US or the UK and if you’re at least 18 years old.
Here’s how you can make your Cash App account quickly:
- On your phone, go to the Play Store of the App Store (whichever applies).
- Search “Cash App” using the search bar, and download the application for free.
- Open the app, and enter your email address or, better yet, your mobile number. Also, create your $Cashtag, which is essentially the username that others will see you as.
- After you submit the details, you will receive a confirmation code to the number or email address you entered.
- Enter the code in the app, and select the “Personal Account” option. If you’re signing up to receive payments for goods or services you offer, select the “Business Account” option.
Your Cash App account is ready!
How to Link Your Card/Bank Account to Cash App?
You will need to connect a bank account, or a debit or a credit card to your Cash App account so the funds you use or receive can be transferred to it.
Doing it is just as easy as signing up. All you have to do is:
- Tap on the “Banking” tab on the home screen.
- Tap on the “Add A Bank” button.
- Follow the prompts and enter the details to add the bank.
How to Use $Cashtags?
Using the $Cashtag to send money to another Cash App user is very simple.
You can use $Cashtag to find the right user and send them money on your laptop or computer using the browser.
For instance, if you’re sending money to the user “Mary,” you can navigate to “cash.me/$Mary” using your browser on your computer and wire the money.
Making Payments on Cash App
When you go to the desired link, in addition to the user’s details, you will see a “Pay” button.
Type in the amount you want to transfer, and hit the “Pay” button. The money will be wired in just a few seconds.
The mobile app works similarly:
- On the main page of Cash App, enter the amount you want to request or transfer using the number pad.
- Hit the “Pay” button if you want to transfer funds. If you want to request funds, hit the “Request” button.
- Type in the recipients’ name, phone number, or email and find them. You can also use the $Cashtag to find the correct user to pay/request.
- Write a note describing the purpose of the payment/request. This is optional.
- Hit the “Pay” or the “Request” button. It will appear on the bottom of the screen.
Transfers between Cash App accounts happen instantly. However, if you’re sending the money to a bank account, it will take up to three days to reflect in the recipient’s account.
How to Add Funds to Cash App?
Navigate to the “My Cash” section by tapping on the leftmost button on the bottom of the screen.
- Hit the “Add Cash” button.
- Enter the amount you want to add.
- Tap the green “Add” button that appears on the bottom of the screen.
It is important to note that while adding money to your Cash App account is free using debit cards, using credit cards entails a small fee.
Receiving Money in Cash App
When someone is sending you money, you will first see a transfer request pop up in your email’s inbox. You may receive the link via SMS.
The transfer of the funds will only be initiated once you accept the payment.
Cash App Spending and Receiving Limits
When you first sign up for Cash App, your spending will be limited to $250 in any seven-day period.
Additionally, your receiving limits are fixed to $1000 per month by default. But there is a way to increase these limits by verifying your Cash App account.
How Much Does Cash App Charge For The Transactions?
Businesses must pay a 2.75% fee to Cash App for every transaction they make. However, there are no charges on personal accounts.
Is Cash App Safe?
The company assures users that there are ample security safeguards to prevent misuse of a customer’s funds. They also offer features like:
- Two-factor authentication
- Security lock for payments
- Specified email addresses for customer support
Benefits of Cash App
Five of the best benefits of Cash App are:
- Two-minute sign-up.
- Instant and easy money transfer.
- Excellent daily bonuses and discounts.
- Free prepaid card available.
- Excellent security features.
Now you know exactly how does Cash App work.
Needless to say, not only is Cash App legit, but it’s also one of the best payment apps available right now.