If you’re using Cash App, you know that it can sometimes be a pain to use. And some of us are just fed up with it.
Well, there is some good news. Getting rid of your Cash App account is much less of a pain than you would think.
If you’ve made up your mind that you’re going to delete Cash App account, you’ve found the right post.
Deleting your Cash App account is possible, and there’s nothing wrong with doing it. The platform allows you to manage your account as you see fit for this reason. There are no penalties or fees, either.
But how do you delete a Cash App account, anyway?
There are two fast ways of doing it.
The first way is to do it using your phone, and the second way is to visit the Cash App official website and execute the right set of steps after logging in correctly.
While the methods are different, you still achieve the same result – your Cash App account will be deleted permanently.
But before I show you what steps you must follow to delete your Cash App account, there are a few critical things you must consider.
Things To Consider Before Deleting Your Cash App Account
There are four critical things you must consider before you delete your Cash App account for good:
- 1There is no way to access your payment history on Cash App after deactivating or deleting your account on the platform. Contacting customer support will not help either since the data is permanently deleted.
- 2But it’s not all bad, since there is a way to download your payment history from Cash App before you delete it. I highly recommend you do this because you never know if you need to look at your payment history in the future.
- 3If any payment or deposit is due on your end, you will not be able to delete your Cash App account. You must make sure that you wire any pending funds to the respective parties and that you clear your Cash App account of any funds.
- 4Before you delete your Cash App account, you must remember to cancel your Cash App subscription. Additionally, you must also stop/cancel any upcoming monthly billing beforehand.
How To Delete Cash App Account From The Cash App Site?
Step #1: Log In
To deactivate/delete Cash App account through the website, you must first navigate to it using your web browser and log in to your account.
You will need to enter your email address or your phone number to do this.
Use whatever you always use to log in.
Step #2: Authenticate Yourself
After you log in, an authentication page will appear. You must click on the “Request Sign In Code” button.
After you click it, a code will be sent to your phone number or email address – whatever you used to log into your account.
You don’t have to give them your debit card or cash card information, making it possible to log in on the move.
After you enter the code, your identity is confirmed, and you should be signed in as long you entered the code correctly.
To make things easy, copy-paste the code into the site from your email.
Step #3: Find The Right Setting
On the dashboard that appears, you must open the Account & Settings menu, and then navigate to the Personal Information tab.
When you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page that appears, you will see the “Deactivate Account” button. Click on it.
Step #4: Finalize The Account Shutdown
A new page will appear, and you will be asked to write the reason why you’re deleting your Cash App account. Write whatever reason you please, and click on the “Continue” button.
Ensure that you include your name, phone number, and email address in the message you write.
It makes for quicker resolutions in case the support team requires more information for closing your account.
You will later receive an email or SMS from Cash App, confirming that your account has been deleted successfully.
They may also reach you to request additional information so they can deactivate your account, but this is rare.
How To Delete Cash App Account Using The Phone App?
Regardless of if you use Android or iOS, you will be able to delete your Cash App account using the phone app directly.
It’s the easiest way of going about deleting your account on the platform. You can do it in just five short steps:
- 1Open Cash App on your phone.
- 2Tap on the circular “Account” icon present on the upper-left corner of the app. The “Account Menu” will open up.
- 3Scroll down in the menu, and tap on the “Cash Support” button. A new menu will appear. Scroll down again, and you will see the “Something Else” tab. Tap on it.
- 4Yet another menu will open up. You must scroll down again and tap on the “Account Settings” option.
- 5The “Close My Cash App Account” button will finally appear. Tapping on the button will confirm that you positively want to deactivate your Cash App account.After you tap on that button, you will be signed out of the app automatically. Later, you will receive a confirmation email or SMS.
Remember to clear your account of any funds before you go through with this process.
Deleting your Cash App account is fairly easy, and you don’t need to wait in a long phone queue and speak to a customer service representative that will do it for you.
Both methods mentioned above work, and you can pick whatever you find the most convenient.
As long as you follow the steps mentioned above to a T, you should be good to go!