For the greater majority of people, purchasing a home without a mortgage is nearly impossible.
Putting down hundreds of thousands of dollars in one single payment is a luxury limited for a privileged few.
At the present, most homebuyers can hardly put together a deposit. The remainder must be obtained from a bank or building society. Fortunately, there are hundreds of lenders selling a wide variety of mortgage products.
If you're purchasing your first home, refinancing, or climbing the property ladder, there should be a home loan that's right for you.
The bulk of mortgages are still now eligible on a repayment schedule, which ensures you must repay a portion of the principal and interest per month. Your mortgage loan would be fully repaid after the contract, which is typically between 25 and 30 years.
Chances are that you need to purchase a home, and you are looking for a trustworthy loan service provider, and that is why you’re reading this article in the first place.
In this article, I will be reviewing a leading U.S. producer and servicer of residential mortgage loans, AmeriHome, to help you with your decision. Hopefully, this will be where your search ends.
Based in Southern California, AmeriHome is a direct mortgage lender company that was started in 1988 as a Michigan-based Corporation.
They were later purchased by Impac Mortgage Holdings in 2010. In 2014, they were acquired by Aris Mortgage Holding Company LLC because they had become a redundant mortgage platform for Impac.
And then early this year, they were sold to Western Alliance Bancorporation for one billion dollars.
They are currently led by their CEO, Jim S. Furash, who has been leading the company since 2013. He formerly served as the CEO of Countrywide Bank, the banking subsidiary that funded former No. 1 mortgage lender, Countrywide Financial.
He also participated in the establishment of PennyMac, which started as a distressed mortgage asset buyer before growing into a full-fledged lender.
He has a good mortgage background, so we'll say AmeriHome strives to become one of the country's biggest mortgage lenders.
What You Might Need To Know About AmeriHome
- AmeriHome financed $64.5 billion in mortgage loans in 2020, with the bulk of value originating from California and Texas.
- AmeriHome offers mortgages and provides loans in the District of Columbia and 49 States.
- At the moment they only offer mortgages via the retail channel in just 30 states.
- AmeriHome obtains the bulk of its volume from correspondent sellers of residential mortgage loans.
- According to fool.com, AmeriHome expanded its production from $18.7 billion in 2015 to $64.5 billion for the twelve months ended Dec. 31, 2020, and its servicing portfolio from $18.9 billion to $98.8 billion as of December 31, 2020.
Services Offered by AmeriHome
- Home purchase loans: If you have a good credit score, a good place to benefit from it could be AmeriHome. They are very flexible with 10-30 year repayment plans depending on your monthly income and budget. According to their website: Typically when you qualify for this type of loan, you have lower down payment options and can receive a lower interest rate, which results in less interest paid over the life of the loan. Their service has several benefits such as a very low down payment ( as low as 3%), a higher debt to income ratio flexibility, and a rate and term available up to 95% of home value.
- Refinance loans: Refinancing your mortgage replaces your current home loan with another one. It may be to lower their interest rate, lower their monthly payments, or access the equity in their house. AmeriHome has a bunch of refinance loan plans that you can choose from if you want to refinance your loans. They have 30-year and 15-year refinance mortgage loan plans. They also have home loan experts that can guide you through this process.
- Conventional Home Loans: This is a type of mortgage loan that is not insured or guaranteed by the government. If you have an excellent credit score and you are willing to take advantage of it, then this could be for you. A few benefits of being qualified for this type of loan are that you have access to a lower down payment and you can even receive a lower interest rate, which in turn leads to you paying less over the life of the loan. It is also important to note that if you have a minimum down payment of at least 20%, your private mortgage loan isn’t a requirement anymore. This ultimately lowers your monthly payment and your overall interest.
- Government loans (FHA and VA): If you want to purchase a home but for one reason or the other you do not have a good credit score, AmeriHomes has you covered for that. An FHA loan is one that is insured by the Federal Housing Administration. If you are a Veteran or in active military service, you have access to the exclusive loans offered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Government loans often include lower interest rates and can have other benefits such as no background checks, deferred payment incentives, adjustable income-based repayment arrangements, no prepayment fees, and partial debt forgiveness if the borrower pursues a career of public service.
Their Mortgage Rates
Generally, it is a smart decision to take whatever mortgage loan provides claim as their interest rates with a grain of salt.
This is because most of the time it is just a publicity stunt to get people close enough to sell their product or service to them.
Those rates are declared with a few assumptions such as a high credit score and a low Loan to Value ratio (LTV). The rates advertised by AmeriHomes at this time are pretty good. So do your research, make your inquiries, and factor in all the variables before jumping in.
There also seem to be very few hidden fees charged by this company (they have low annual percentage rates), which is a good sign.
How To Apply For Their Mortgage
Applying for their mortgage shouldn’t be difficult since most of everything you would do is either online or via phone call.
You can choose to visit their website or call them directly to ask for a rate quote. You would then fill in some basic details like your credit score and the amount of the loan you want to obtain.
If you want to go on and get the loan, a loan officer will help you submit a loan application. You can also get a pre-qualification in minutes and a pre-approval in 24 hours by the next business day.
You can submit your documents on their website securely.
Do They Have Added Benefits? (Their Reward Program)
Their reward system is quite simple and easy to understand, and also attractive to some extent. You save $1050 on the origination costs for all of your future loans for any property.
If you want to qualify for this offer, you must have previously financed a loan with AmeriHome.
According to their website: This offer can not be combined with any other offers, and is not applicable for FHA Streamline Refinance or VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance (VA IRRRL) transactions.
Other restrictions may apply. Terms and conditions are subject to change. You can read more about their reward program on their site.
If you’re going to purchase a home, you deserve to be able to purchase it in the most seamless, stress less way possible.
That is why this article is here in the first place, to help you in making that decision as easily as possible.
With all the rewards, discounts and bonuses, AmeriHomes provides so many incentives for their customers. Plus they offer you the best deals for you. They seem to be genuinely concerned about you making the best possible decision for you when you’re purchasing your home.
AmeriHomes is obviously a great option for you, especially if you’re just starting out as a home buyer.
But even if it’s not your first time, I still recommend them. They have so many benefits and their customer support is excellent. I mean, check out their reviews on Trustpilot.
A whooping 4.5 out of 5 stars in close to two thousand reviews meaning they have a very strong reputation and good quality service. They aren’t the best mortgage service around but they definitely sit around in the top ten. And at the very least, they are worth looking into.