Need to get USAA com activate debit card? It’s a lot easier than you’d think, and there are several ways of doing it. In this post, I highlight all the activation methods.
Writing checks is a great way to transact, but it’s not convenient to cut checks for every other transaction you make.
One of the best things you can do to cut down on writing checks is get your hands on a USAA debit card. The card is accepted at almost every brick-and-mortar store, and it also makes shopping online easy.
The cards are secure and make paying bills and running errands a lot more convenient. However, it’s important to note that you cannot use a USAA card without activating it.
Luckily, getting USAA com activate debit card is easy, and you can do it in two ways.
In this post, I will breakdown both the methods for you. But before I do, here are some things you need to know about the company.
Do You Need to Serve to Become A USAA Member?
Contrary to popular belief, one does NOT need to be an active or former military member to become a USAA member.
According to the company’s terms and conditions, the eligibility criteria is:
- Active, former, and honorably separated personnel of the military.
- Candidates in commissioning programs.
- Children of USAA members who have a USAA insurance policy.
- Widows and widowers of USAA members who have a USAA insurance policy.
So, if you’re related to someone that has served or is serving in the military, it is very likely that you are eligible to become a USAA member. Looking into making an account with the company is worth it since their cards offer some excellent benefits.
How to Activate A USAA Debit Card?
The easiest and best way to get USAA com activate debit card is via its website. All you need to do is:
- Navigate to the official USAA website.
- Find the “Member Access” link on the page, and click on it. You will be redirected to a login page, where you must log in or sign up.
- After you log in, find the “My Accounts” button and click on it. The next page will show you all the details about your account.
- Find and click on the “Activate Debit Card” button.
- Follow the prompts that appear, and fill in all of the necessary details.
After you enter all of the required details, you will have successfully gotten USAA com activate debit card.
It’s important to note that you will need to load your USAA debit card with money before using it. Since you will get a prepaid debit card, it won’t have any balance on it that you will be able to use to make purchases online or in a store.
If you’ve gotten your hands on a USAA credit card, you can activate it in one of two ways highlighted below.
How to Activate USAA Credit Cards
There are two ways you can activate your USAA credit card:
#1 Over the Phone
If you’re not very tech-savvy, you can get your credit card activated over the phone with ease. Here’s what you need to do:
- Call 210-531-8722 to reach the USAA customer service team.
- Follow the instructions that the computerized representative gives you.
- Enter your card’s information. Besides the number, you will need to provide the CVV and the expiration date to activate the card.
- The computerized representative may also ask you to enter your SSN and your date of birth, so make sure you have those details at hand.
After you provide all of the prompted information, your USAA credit card will be activated right away.
Many prefer activating their USAA credit cards online since the process tends to be a lot faster and more convenient. You can even do it when you’re on the move.
To activate your USAA card online:
- Navigate to the USAA card activation page using the browser on your computer or phone. It’s important to note that you won’t be able to activate your card using the app.
- If you already have a USAA online account, log into it by entering your correct credentials. If you haven’t created your account yet, click on the “Join Online” button to create a new account.
- After you log into your account, you must find the “Activate Card” button and click on it.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter the card’s information, including its number, expiration date, and CVV.
- If the page also has fields to enter your date of birth and SSN, make sure you don’t leave them empty.
And that’s it, your USAA card is activated.
How to Reset USAA Account Password
If you’re already a member of USAA, but only recently got your hands on your debit card, there’s a chance that you may have forgotten your account’s password.
Fortunately, resetting the password is easy:
- Visit the USAA site and navigate to the login page.
- Find and click on the “Forgot Password” link, which appears right under the login section.
- On the next screen, enter your account ID and click on the “Next” button.
- Follow the instructions to reset the password.
After you reset the password, getting USAA com activate debit card should be easy. You can follow the process highlighted above.
How to Contact USAA Customer Support
If you face any problems when activating your debit or credit card, or if you have any other queries, you can get in contact with the USAA customer support team.
The company has a customer support page on its website www.usaa.com, where you can get in touch with one of their support specialists.
Alternatively, you could call 1-800-531-8722 and speak to a customer support representative quickly.
If you prefer mailing them, you can find their address on their website and send them a post about your issue.
And with that, you know everything there is to activating a USAA card.