Some find the process of Bluebird com activate card a little confusing. However, it’s a lot less complicated than it seems. In this post, I highlight the activation process and a lot more.
So, you finally got your hands on a new Amex Walmart Bluebird card. However, before you begin to use it, you will need to have a Bluebird com activate card for you.
Luckily, the process is neither complicated nor lengthy. You will be able to complete it in a matter of minutes.
Read on for a comprehensive guide to activating and using your new Bluebird card.
How to Open A Bluebird Account
Before we get into the details of the activation process, you must figure out what services your card has enabled. The services that are enabled depend on how you got your hands on the card.
You could only get your hands on a card in one of three ways:
#1 The Setup Kit
One of the most common ways people get their Bluebird card is by getting the Bluebird Account Setup kit at Walmart. It’s priced at $5 and is found at every Walmart.
You can spend the $5 to make purchases; however, the card is virtually useless once the balance runs out.
Funds cannot be added to the temporary card, and if you want a card that you can add funds to, you will need to open an account and get your permanent card.
#2 The Website
Many don’t know that they can get a Bluebird card by visiting Bluebird.com and signing up.
Here’s what you need to do to get a permanent Bluebird card:
- Navigate to Bluebird.com.
- Find the “Open An Account” button on the top, and click on it.
- Enter the information the website prompts you for. You will need to enter your name, email address, home address, phone number, and date of birth.
- You will also need to enter your Social Security Number. You don’t have to worry about your credit score when signing up – the company does not perform a credit check when issuing cards.
- After you enter your details, you must set a username and password, an ATM PIN, and a security question.
You will receive your Bluebird card by mail about a week after signing up. If you don’t receive your card in two weeks, make sure you call up Bluebird at 1-(877)-486-5990 and report your issue.
#3 The Mobile App
You can also open your Bluebird account using the Bluebird Mobile application. The app is free, and you can download it from your respective application store, depending on your device. After launching the app:
- Tap on the “Register Now” link that’s at the bottom of the login section.
- On the next screen, you must enter if you have a temporary Bluebird card or not. If you don’t have a card, tap on “No.”
- The app will then prompt you to enter all the same details as the website. Enter and submit them.
Your Bluebird account will be created. You will receive your card within ten business days.
You must note that regardless of how you create your account, the company won’t ship your card to P.O. Boxes. Residents of Vermont and those in the FPO and APO areas also won’t be sent their card.
How to Activate A Bluebird Card
If you create your account on the website or the app normally, you don’t need to have Bluebird com activate card.
However, if you want to get your temporary card registered and have a personalized Bluebird card mailed to you, you will need to follow either of the two methods below:
Using the Website
To have Bluebird com activate card using the website:
- Navigate to Bluebird.com.
- Find the “Register Your Card” link on the top and click on it.
- When asked if you have a temporary Bluebird card, answer “Yes.”
- You will then need to enter your details, including your Social Security Number. Ensure you have your temporary card handy since you need to enter the 15-digit card number to proceed further.
- Set your username and password, and also create your card’s ATM PIN.
- Set up a security question and answer so you can recover your account if you forget its details.
And that’s it, your card will then be registered. You will receive a permanent card in your mail within ten business days.
Using the App
After installing the application and launching it:
- Tap on the “Register Now” link at the bottom of the login section.
- When prompted if you have a temporary Bluebird card, tap “Yes.”
- Enter all the details the app asks for, and also the 15-digit temporary card number.
It’s important to note that you will need to verify your email with the company before going through the registration process.
Why Getting The Permanent Bluebird Card Makes Sense
After the $5 on the temporary card run out, you won’t be able to add any money to it or use the card. However, after you have Bluebird com activate card, you will be able add up to $500 to it.
After a week or so, when you get your hands on your permanent card, you will be able to add up to $1999 to it and spend it however you like.
The permanent card also enables you to make early direct deposits, access your funds from ATMs, pay bills online, and make free cash reloads at any Walmart.
How to Add Money to Bluebird Card
There are several ways you can add money to your card, but here are two of the easiest ways to do it:
- At a Walmart: You can pay the amount you want to top up at any Walmart register, and it will be transferred to your card for free. While you can also load money on the card from some other retail stores, you will need to pay a transaction fee.
- Debit Card Transfer: You can link your bank account to your Bluebird card and add funds to it freely.